SEYCHELLES A LAND OF EMOTIONS
– scroll to continue –
Surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles archipelago consists of 115 granite and coral islands that lie between 4 ° and 10 ° South latitude.
Due to stringent measures to protect the environment, the Seychelles offer impressive granite cliffs sculpted by the sea, with rocks covered with soft corals and sponges, and an abundant wildlife.
It is possible to dive all year round in the Seychelles but the interim periods of October / November and April / May are the most pleasant.
The average air temperature is 30°C and the water is around 28°C.
DEPTH OF DIVE SITES
- From 8 to 20 meters: near the coast
- Up to 40 meters offshore sites or wrecks
THE HUMID SEASON
- From October to April with the trade winds of the North-West
- Average air temperature about 30 °C
- Hot season
- High humidity in the air
- Generally calm sea
- Average water temperature 30 ° C
- Visibility about 25 meters
THE DRY SEASON
- From May to September with the trade winds of the South-East
- Average air temperature is about 28 ° C
- Windy season
- Low moisture content in the air
- Livelier seas, especially on the open sea
- Average water temperature 25 ° C
- Visibility reduced due to a large amount of plankton
- Presence of whale sharks and manta rays